#VanLife Scholarship Contest from Classic Vans
Contest is closed. Please check back for future opportunities.
As America’s #1 conversion van, camper van and mobility van dealer, we at Classic Vans continually seek ways to help our customers accomplish their dreams of exploration, adventure, and freedom. We also believe education is an important factor in social mobility and career freedom, which is why we’ve created a privately funded scholarship to help create opportunity for the next generation of Americans. We know every little bit helps! If you’re a student currently enrolled at a U.S. college or university, we invite you to review the requirements below and apply.
To enter our scholarship essay competition, answer the following question in 300-500 words:
In a post-pandemic world, what will the economic ramifications be on the new and used recreational vehicle market in the coming months?
- You must be a U.S. resident or resident alien who is currently enrolled at a U.S. college or university with a valid student ID#.
- Essays must be unique (not submitted elsewhere) and written by the scholarship application signator.
- All submissions should be in English.
- Applicants must read, understand, sign and return to us the (PDF) Scholarship Essay Contest Application & Rules along with your submission.
- Only one submission per student will be considered.
How to Apply for Our Scholarship
Submit your application and essay by email by the deadline noted above.
Scholarship Selection Process
Our judges will examine all entries received by the deadline above. A winner will be selected up to 6 weeks after the submission deadline. One winner will be awarded the scholarship amount, and notable entries may also be published on the Classic Vans website.
Guidelines and tips from the judges
The judges, who read thousands of essays, have provided some key tips that will help you write a high quality essay.
- Answer the question. Submissions that don’t answer the question will be disqualified.
- Plan your essay and think through your point of view. The judges know if you just wing it.
- Reference resources in your essay and include citations.
- Use language that is simple to understand. Think 7th grade reading level.
- Use paragraphs and white space to separate your ideas.
- Come close to the word count requirement. Essays with a count of 50 words below or above the requirement will be disqualified.
- Use a tool like Grammarly to check your work. Free versions are often available.
- Read your essay out loud. If it sounds good to you, it will sound good to the judges.
- Submit your essay as a Word document. Other formats will be disqualified.
Ownership of Entries
All scholarship entries submitted to Classic Vans, along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated with the submission, become the property of ClassicVans.com. By submitting an entry and the signed application form, you acknowledge that Classic Vans will own all rights to publish and promote the content. All entrants also agree that they consent to the use of their name, the school or university they attend, and the use of their likeness (as in a photograph) and prize information.
Good luck, and we look forward to your submissions!
Past Scholarship Winners
How have RVs and campers changed to allow for living on the road full-time? We asked college students and here’s what they said…
What do you think will be the biggest challenges facing the RV industry as new generations take up camping? We asked millennial students and here’s what they said.
We recently asked the next generation of weekend warriors and full-time travelers to reflect on how RVs and campervans have changed in recent decades (for better or worse).
What are the biggest challenges facing the RV industry as new generations take up camping? We asked college students and here’s what they said…
About Classic Vans
Classic Vans is a family-owned and operated business located in Hayward, California. Since 1988, we’ve been leaders in the conversion van industry thanks to our dedication to quality, sales, service and price, not to mention our selection. Our inventory includes conversion vans built on Chevrolet, GMC, Ford and Mercedes chassis. We also sell both mini and full-size wheelchair accessible (handicap equipped) conversion vans.
Our selection of camper vans (class B motorhomes) is one of the finest in the country. With our easy-to-understand online buying process, there’s no need to waste your time trying to find the perfect van near you because odds are, we already have it! Simply find the van you want online, contact us and we’ll arrange for the purchase and delivery, right to your driveway, all for much much less than you think. That’s the beauty of our low-cost nationwide delivery. Choose Classic Vans for quality, service and selection, and find out what makes us America’s #1 conversion van dealer.