Classic Vans highlights the many uses, features, and configurations of Ford’s latest luxury conversion van
In 2015, Ford replaced its iconic E-Series with the sparkly and sleek Transit conversion van. Over the last two years, dealers, businesses and everyday consumers are raving about the Transit’s combination of utility and technology. The Ford Transit is truly is the Van of Millennium!
Small businesses, large commercial businesses, luxury transportation, camper vans, family vehicles and luxury conversion vans are built using the Ford Transit. The Ford Transit has become the number one trusted chassis for whatever you may need your van for. Functionality, paired with easy drivability, makes the Transit a great multipurpose vehicle.
The Ford Transit comes in three spacious models:
|Wagon XLT||Wagon XL||Van|
|3.7L Ti-VCT V6||3.7L Ti-VCT V6||3.7 Ti-VCT V6|
|3.5L EcoBoost V6 (optional)||3.5L EcoBoost V6(optional)||3.5L EcoBoost V6(optional)|
|3.2L i5 Diesel (optional)||3.2L i5 Diesel (optional)||3.2L i5 Diesel (optional)|
|Air Conditioning, Front and Rear||Trailer Tow Package, Heavy-Duty (optional)||Transmission- 6 Speed Automatic Overdrive with Select Shift|
|Audio, AM/FM stereo, audio, input jack, single-CD and 4” multi-function display.
Cruise Control with Message Center (Full Trip Computer and Engine-Hour Meter)
|Exterior Upgrade Package||Trailer Tow Package, Heavy Duty (optional)
Exterior Upgrade Package(optional)
Configurations and Capacities
Great things come in threes! The Ford Transit does everything from carry people in comfort to cargo.
- Wagon’s seating capacity comes in configurations of 8, 10, 12 and 15.
- Cargo van and wagon models are available in three roof heights (low, medium, high)
- Cargo van and wagon models are available in three body lengths (regular, long, extended)
- Dual sliding doors are offered in medium and high roof vans
- Cargo van GVWR range: 8,600 lbs. (single rear wheels) to 10,360 lbs. (dual rear wheels)
- Cargo van payload range: 3,060 lbs. (single rear wheels) to 4, 560 lbs. (dual rear wheels)
- High roof van accommodates a passenger 6’5”
- Cargo van volume range: 246.7 cu. ft. (regular wheelbase and low roof) to 487.3 cu. ft. (long wheelbase/extended body and high roof)
Ford has built a reputation on continually producing safe vehicles. The Transit is no exception.
- Driver and passenger front airbags
- Side airbags
- Safety Canopy, side-curtain airbags on all models
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (SRW only)
- Trailer sway control (included in the Trailer Wiring Provisions Package)
The technology Ford has developed and incorporated into their vehicles is what makes the Transit the van of the millennium. There are so many exciting features that make the Transit stand out from other full-sized vans, including:
- MyKey®. Encourages responsible driving by programming MyKey to keep safety features activated, such as limiting vehicle top speeds and audio volume.
- Standard rear view camera with trailer hitch assist. This transmits an image of what’s behind you to your mirror or to the multifunction display on the center dash.
- Lane-keeping alert. This is really cool! The steering wheel vibrates when you’re drifting into another lane. This feature will sense lane drifts over time and signal you to pull over to break.
- Ford Telematics: Powered by Teogis, this feature helps track your truck fleet. Real time vehicle maintenance alerts help you keep your van from unexpected repairs.
SYNC 3 Technology
SYNC 3 is Ford’s latest hardware and software system that puts everything at the tip of your fingers and easy to access, from navigation to hands free. Features of SYNC 3 include:
- Siri Seamless Integration
- Enhanced Voice Recognition
- High-Speed Performance
- Capacitive Touch Screen with Swipe Capability
- Navigation and Easy Destination Entry
Luxury Conversion Ford Transit
Among the many uses for the Transit, the luxury conversion van market has found that Ford has a great chassis for customization. Indiana-based Explorer van has taken the tech savvy Transit and transformed it into the ultimate “smart-conversion van.” Four captain chairs, heated seats, LED lighting, comfortable power rear-sofa, large flat-screen LED TV, DVD, game controls and USB compatibility make the Ford Transit a standout in the luxury conversion van market. This luxury, combined with the EcoBoost V/6 and greater horsepower, make the Transit powerful and comfortable.
The Explorer Transit Conversion can be used for so many purposes. From luxury transportation to a stylish family van, the Transit is the ultimate conversion van of the millennium. Browse Classic Vans, or contact us, to explore your own Ford conversion van.