A closer look at the features and capabilities of the top 7-passenger and 9-passenger conversion vans designed by Explorer Van company
Explorer Vans is one of the nation’s most trusted name in conversion vans. Coming up on 40 years of hardwork and American pride, Explorer produces more conversion vans than any other company in the world. Based in Warsaw, Indiana, Explorer Vans are built in America’s heartland.
Explorer Vans is truly a tale of the American Dream. In 1980, Bob and Steve Kessler took a chance and purchased a chassis from a dealer in Detroit, Michigan. Then the father and son duo found the best carpenters, electricians and upfitters to create the first Explorer van. What took place was truly special. The Explorer van combined luxury and reliability. Dealers across the country became interested in the Kessler brother’s creation.
|Today, more conversion van dealers sell Explorer than any other kind—including right here at Classic Vans!|
Explorer Vans builds conversion vans on Chevrolet Express, GMC Savana, Mercedes Benz Sprinter, Mercedes Benz Metris and Ford Transit chassis. The most popular models to date are the GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express. The GMC Savana and Chevrolet Express come in 7 and 9 passenger configurations. GMC and Chevrolet Vans combine power and luxury. Quality, comfort and versatility make these vans top of their class.
GMC/Chevrolet Explorer Vans: Dimensions & Features
Both the 7-passenger Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana by Explorer provide incredible space and accessibility while remaining comfortable to drive. With seating for 7, this van is perfect for a family or those who require additional space.
Explorer 7-passenger vans are perfect for a family or those who love to comfortably explore.
The 9-passenger configurations of the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana combine all of the same great features of the 7-passenger with a little extra seating. Large families will appreciate the extra room for children and guests.
The 9-passenger models also have an extended wheelbase and remain comfortable to drive, providing plenty of legroom and space for all nine passengers.
- Wheelbase: 135”
- Length: 224.1” (no longer than a Chevrolet Suburban or Yukon XL)
- Height: low top model is 82”, high top model is 94” (easy entrance and exit)
- Headroom: low top model is 51”, high top model is 62”)
- Body width: 79.4”
- Swing-out side doors height and width: 49.4” high, 44.1” wide
- Rear door height and width: 49.4” high and 57.0” wide
- Legroom: 1st row is 25”, 2nd row is 20”, 3rd row is 20”
- Plenty of cargo room
- Wheelbase: 155”
- Length: 244.1”
- Height: low-top model is 82”, high-top model is 94” (easy entrance and exit)
- Headroom: low-top model is 51”, high-top model is 62”
- Body width: 79.4”
- Swing-out side doors height and width 47.9” high, 44.1” wide
- Rear door height and width: 49.4” high, 57” wide
- Legroom: 1st row, is 25”, 2nd row is 17”, 3rd row is 17”, 4th row is 17”
- Plenty of cargo room
Features & Chassis Options
- Dual frontal, head curtain and side impact seat airbags
- Rearview camera
- StabiliTrak™ (helps driver maintain control of the vehicle during low-traction driving conditions)
- Full size spare tire
- Dual composite halogen headlamps
- 4-wheel anti-lock disc brakes and front disc brake wear sensor
- 31-gallon fuel tank
- 6-speed automatic overdrive transmission with tow/haul mode
- 0 liter V8 Vortec Gen III horsepower
- Able to tow
- Power windows, power mirrors with heat
- Power door locks and lock-out protection
- 6-way power driver and pedestals
- Cruise control
- AM/FM/XM/CD/USB/AUX/Bluetooth radio
- 6 audio speakers
- Cyber grey metallic
- Dark blue metallic
- Dark slate metallic
- Kinetic blue metallic
- Silver ice metallic
- Toreador red
- Summit white
- Silver birch
- 3-way rear sofa with arms and headrests
- 6 sets of 3-way position reading lamps
- High gloss wood appointments
- Heavy duty fate & stain resistant fabrics
- Window ledges with dual drink holders
- Insulated flooring for noise resistance
- Quick release middle captain’s chairs
- Step plates for easy entrance and exit
- Ice chest with storage and insulated cooler
- Leather window valances
- Backlit control panel for interior lights
- Aux 12-volt power outlets
- Cloth shades on all windows
- Choice of LCD 15” flip down monitor with Blu-ray DVD player and HDMI (low top only) or 29” Samsung HDTV with Samsung Blu-ray DVD player and HDMI (sport roof only)
|Regardless if you use your van for everyday driving or extensive travel, you will not be disappointed by these vans’ versatility. Enjoy peace of mind while you safely drive in a Chevrolet Express or GMC Savana by Explorer.|
Explore Passenger Vans for Sale
Would you like more information about Explorer Vans? Classic Vans has the nation’s largest selection of new and used passenger vans. For years, we’ve worked closely with the Indiana automakers and are able to offer some of the most competitive prices around. Browse our inventory or call (866) 370-8222 to find the van of your dreams today!
Don’t live in California? No problem! Inquire about low-cost nationwide van delivery.