Are you looking to get away from an SUV or minivan and find something that offers more space, luxury and versatility?
A conversion van may be just what you’ve been searching for.
Conversion vans offer the luxury and comfort of a limousine, but combine the ruggedness and practicality of an SUV or minivan. Conversion vans are essentially full-sized vans overhauled and redesigned by third-party groups to create unique and customized vehicles. Few companies do this better than Explorer Vans, head quartered in Warsaw, Indiana.
For over thirty years, Explorer Vans has been family-owned and operated. In 1980, Bob and Steve Kessler embarked on creating the first Explorer Van with this credo in mind: “We deliver more, not less than we promise.” Today, that mantra still stands.
Explorer Vans delivers impressive vehicles with over 100 craftsmen that oversee everything that goes into each conversion. High quality interior lighting, fine wood finishes and plush leather seating are all guaranteed when you purchase any Explorer Van. The story of Explorer Vans is really one of the American Dream – more than half of Explorer’s workforce has been with them for over 15 years. This is a true testament to the company Bob and Steve have built.
Explorer Vans sells conversions built on Chevrolet Express, GMC Savanna, Ford Transit and Mercedes Metris chassis. Once you have decided upon the best chassis for you, Explorer will take your van and transform it into one of you’re dreams. If you’re looking at converting a van, here it what to expect:
Chevrolet Express/GMC Savanna
The 2500 chassis is comparable in in length to a Suburban or Yukon XL. One of the great things about conversion vans as opposed to SUV’s is how their shorter front-end and tighter turn radius makes them easier to drive. Another bonus to driving a conversion van is the ease of getting in, out, and front to back in the interior.
The Express and Savanna are both sturdy and safe. They have generous storage space and come in seating configurations for 7 to 9 passengers. These vans’ plush leather and 29” flat screen HDTVs don’t hurt either!
- Passenger 60/40 door with child safety locks
- Rear air heat with dual controls (front and rear)
- Battery rundown protection
- 24-hour roadside assistance
- Stabili Trak
- Heavy Duty Rear Locking Differential
- Dual frontal, head curtain and side impact seat air bags
- 4-wheel anti lock disc brakes with front disc brake wear sensor
- Full-length boxed frame chassis
- Daytime running lights
- Keyless entry with panic button and remote start
- Dual composite Halogen headlamps
- Full-size spare tire
- 4G Onstar
- MyLink Navigation
- Tire Pressure Monitoring SYS
- Rear Park Assist
- Rearview Camera
Power Group Features:
- 6-way power and driver and pedestals
- AM/FM/XM/CD/AUX/Bluetooth Front Radio with 6 speaker Sound System
- Power windows
- Power mirrors with heat
- Power door locks with lock out protection
- Tilt wheel
- Cruise control
- 0 liter V-8 Vortec Gen III 323 H.P.
- 42 Rear axle ratio
- New 6-speed automatic overdrive transmission with Tow/Haul mode
- HD 145 amp alternator 8600 GVWR
- 31-gallon fuel tank
- Flex fuel capability
- Heavy duty trailering equipment
- 5 Year/60,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty
- 2 Maintenance visits, oil and filter, 4 wheel tire rotation
The Ford Transit is available in low top and high top conversions, depending on your preference. A luxurious interior combined with plenty of legroom, headroom and storage space makes this Ford a real standout. Flat screen HDTVs (17” and 29”) provide maximum entertainment no matter how long the drive.
- Alternator- 230-Amp (Independent MacPhereson-strut, Rear Semi-Float)
- Battery- Maintenance-Free
- Brakes-4-Wheel Disc Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Fuel Tank – 25 Gallon Mid-Ship
- Handling Package
- Shock Absorbers- Heavy Duty
- Steering- Power
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Tires, Spare Tire & Wheel
- Transmission: 6- speed Automatic with select shift capability
- Wheelbase – 130”
- Bumpers, painted molded cover front & rear
- Door-hinged side cargo 60/40 swing-out
- Privacy glass
- Headlights, dual seal beam with fixed lens on RV van
- High-mount stop light
- Mirrors, Aerotype LH/RH Power w/Integrated Spotter on RV van
- Air Conditioning-front
- Light & Convenience Group- Courtesy Switches (all doors), warning chime, headlights-On Alert
- Mirror- Day/Night Interior Rearview Included on all recreational vans & commercial vans with rear door glass
- Power point- dual 12-volt source in I/P, Single 12V source in Glove Box
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Air Bag- Driver & Front Passenger
- AM/FM Stereo w 4” multi-function display, singe-CD, HD and SIRIUSA/Sirius XM capability
- Hinged 60/40 Side Doors
- 5 Eco Boost V6 Engine
- Back Up Camera
- 6-Speed Automatic Overdrive Transmission
- Privacy Glass
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- 50 State Emissions
Standard features of the Metris include a three-passenger quick release rear sofa with kick board drawer storage. There are two quick release middle captain chairs with integrated seat belts. Dynamat sound deadening subfloor, premium top grain leather seating and high gloss wood trim appointments are all features that give this van a truly luxurious, European feel. Other standard features include a center console with a removable ice chest and four oversized cup holders. A 12V air compressor and vacuum is built in as well.
The Mercedes Metris is a great alternative to a minivan or crossover. Some exclusive features to look for are:
- Flint Grey Metallic Exterior
- Tunja Black Upholstery
- Automatic Climate Control
- Rear Backup Alarm
- Premium overhead control panel
- Tailgate surrounding light
- Interior lighting in rear
- Front passenger seat
- Bench- two place seating
- Single flip-up gate
- Driver Efficiency Package
- Active Safety Package Plus
Power Group Features:
- Power Sliding Door right side
- Power sliding Door left side
Shop Luxury Conversion Vans Today!
Classic Vans, located in Hayward, California, is one of the nation’s premium dealers of Explorer Van conversions. We have been working with Explorer Vans for 30 years to deliver the highest quality conversion vans.
Looking for a new or used conversion van, class B motorhome or mobility van? Browse our inventory or call (866) 377-8222 to ask about low-cost nationwide van delivery.